Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Week three- cabbage and green onions

These veggies just look beautiful. We got a great head of cabbage and some wonderful green onions from the share, and since I had an extra kohlrabi I used that in my cole slaw, too. The carrots I got at (gasp) Meijer. So, I took all that stuff and.....


Pushed it all into my brand new food processor! I've been wanting one of these for a long time, and came across a great deal on one at Costco the other week. This is the best time of year to have one, of course, with all the fresh veggies that need to be sliced and grated. It made very quick work of prepping my cole slaw ingredients.



The finished product! Looks good! The only bad thing is that it gave me an overwhelming desire to eat KFC fried chicken. So one night I stopped by the KFC on my way home. The KFC was kinda gross, but the cole slaw was yummy. Maybe I need to work on a fried chicken recipe for my next batch of cole slaw. I used the America's Test Kitchen recipe for cole slaw, if you care.






No comments:

Post a Comment