Friday, September 9, 2011

Week ten- roasted peppers

It's hard to use all this fresh stuff sometimes, so I look to my mom for advice on how to store veggies for the winter. I've seen her roast peppers and have done it once myself, but this time I was trying to be careful and keep track of the steps.

First I set the oven to broil, placed the peppers on a cookie sheet, and turned them so all sides got nice and black. Then I put them in a bowl, covered the bowl with a towel, and let the whole thing sit for 20 mintues or so, till the skin was loosened and the peppers were cool enough to handle.


The skins peel or rub off easily, then I used a spoon and my fingers to clean out all the seeds. This is what they looked like then:


Packed them nicely in freezer bags, and I have roasted red peppers for the winter!



No comments:

Post a Comment