Friday, September 30, 2011

Week eleven- I'm down with O.P.V.

I did get beans this week, but I also made a trip up to Fort Wayne. My CSA beans were parboiled then pickled in the quick pickle recipe I posted earlier this summer. The beans I got from my mom's paired wonderfully with the fresh corn I got from my blog buddy MSG. I love green beans prepared pretty much any way, but this is a really, really good way.

Make some bacon, parboil some beans, dice a couple of potatoes. Cook the potatoes in some of the bacon grease, when they are almost done add the beans. Put a lid on it, let it steam and cook, add the bacon back in and use whatever seasoning you like. I used to use part of a packet of Good Seasoning Italian salad dressing mix, I've used Greek seasoning, but this time I think I just used salt and pepper.




No comments:

Post a Comment