Thursday, August 18, 2011

Week eight- dragon tongue beans

Somehow, these beauties were left out of the group picture for week eight. These are dragon tongue beans.


We very much love the beans with tomatoes and Greek seasoning around here, but I wanted to do something different with the beans this week. We'd just eaten at St. Elmo's, where they have very garlic-y green beans, so I wanted to try to get my beans to taste like theirs.

I steamed the beans for just a few minutes. While the beans were steaming, I put a tablespoon or two of butter in a fry pan and added some finely diced garlic-- about 3 cloves. Stirred the garlic around in the butter while the beans steamed, then added the beans. Sprinkled some salt and pepper onto the beans, stirred it all around for a moment, and voila! Beans that are just as good as the ones at the fancy steakhouse.

Of course, like many fancifully striated veggies, once cooked the beans lost their stripes.

No comments:

Post a Comment