Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Week nine- tomatos two ways

We've had lots of tomatoes in the house all summer, and with these little cherries Phil and I each got to have tomatoes our favorite ways.

His favorite way is raw, so I cut up several cherries, diced a cucumber, halved some pitted olives, and mixed it up with a little Italian dressing and fresh dill. Phil says it's the dill that made this quick salad out of this world. Oh, he also said a little feta cheese on top made it out of this galaxy.


My favorite way is cooked, so one night I got home way late, so I did the old sautee of olive oil-garlic-smashed tomatoes that I so love. Used the rest of my orzo which I'd boiled a day or two before, then added some shaved hard cheese-- something from Trader Joe's, of course. This dinner was the best of the week, if you ask me.



No comments:

Post a Comment