Monday, August 8, 2011

Week six- romano beans


This was very simple and very delicious. Do you know those green beans at a Greek restaurant that are so yummy? These are pretty much like those. The romano beans taste just like green beans, but the bean part inside is a little bigger than the bean part inside a green bean. As far as I can tell that's the only difference.

I sauteed some garlic in some olive oil, then added some quartered tomatoes-- seeds, skins, and all. Let that cook for a few minutes on medium, then started smashing up the tomatoes. Added some salt and pepper. Then added the green beans and a few shakes of greek seasoning, reduced the heat a smidge, put a lid on the pot, and basically let the bean steam until they were done.

Just like Santorini's! I think the second time I made these I added in a bit of lemon zest. I liked that a ton, but I think Phil preferred the beans sans zest.

No comments:

Post a Comment