Monday, August 29, 2011

Week nine- zucchini bread revisited



I posted a zucchini bread recipe earlier this summer. It's a recipe I totally love, but have been experimenting with throughout the summer to see if there was any way to health it up. Mostly I was interested in seeing if I could reduce the amount of oil and/or white flour. I tried to substitute half the white flour with whole wheat flour, but the bread was too chewy. I made a batch with 1.5 c. white flour and .5 c. whole wheat, but I don't know if it was worth the trouble. What did work out well was subbing apple sauce for the oil. There's 1/2 c. oil in the recipe, so I did an even switch with apple sauce and it resulted in a great tasting, way healthier bread.

So, if you tried the zucchini bread from a few weeks ago, try it with the apple sauce substitution. And if you haven't tried it, try it. It's so good.

http://imacsablogger.blogspot.com/2011/07/week-five-zucchini-bread.html

No comments:

Post a Comment