Friday, August 26, 2011

Week nine- beets with orzo

I've been looking forward to this experiment all summer! I love roasted beets, and have been thinking about orzo-beet salad for weeks, but could never find a recipe that sounded great to me, so I just kinda winged this, and was pretty happy with the results.

First off I roasted the beets. These were medium-sized beets, and I rubbed them with olive oil, wrapped them in foil, and roasted them at like 375 for about an hour. After that, the skins just slip off, and the knife (and your hand) get very red.


I diced the beets and tossed them with some orzo pasta, which is awesome (it's also awesome how it got beet-stained). I really like orzo. I made a citrus vinaigrette and chopped up some dill and tossed it all together. Topped it off with some great Vermont-made goat cheese that I got at Fresh Market. I loved this salad; it was different and beautiful.




1 comment:

  1. Hey! Don't I have some bowls like this??? Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete